In June 2007, C. John Stanchina founded Blue Zone Enterprises, LLC to commercialize the Utilitote hands-free rigid carrier, along with other hands-free technologies he developed during the course of his recovery. In the case of the Utilitote carrier, these development efforts have produced a simple, sturdy, reliable, lightweight solution for individuals who need to carry a variety of things hands-free, yet securely. Those who try the Utilitote carrier will find they use it every day, several times a day. Thus far, it has proven to be an invaluable tool for:
· Getting groceries into the house
· Taking garbage and recycling out of the house
· Carrying tools and supplies for home improvement projects
· Securely transporting as much as a case of wine or as little as a glass of wine; If the glass tips, so what? The bins solid plastic bottom protects the users clothes from the stain of the spilled beverage.
· Moving everyday items like mail or laundry between floors while using a stair lift chair
· Toting full watering cans for tending to house plants
· Safely and snugly porting pets both in and out of the house
· And reliably carrying fragile valuables like a laptop or digital camera equipment.